1. What does your cacher name mean? BSitton74 is my usual handle on most things online (ie emails, gaming, blog posts) so just made sense to keep that for Geocaching.
2. When did you start caching and how did you find out about it? I first learned about caching from friends back in 2011.
3. Describe your first find. My first find happened to be just outside of my place of work. It was a LPC in the parking lot.
4. How many finds do you have? As of this questionnaire I have 1704 finds.
a. Find count by type: 1525 traditional, 59 Multi, 25 Virtual, 8 Letterbox, 10 events, 48 Mystery, 2 Webcam, 6 Earthcache, 1 Wherigo, 2 NGS Benchmarks, and 20 Labs
b. Favorite find type? Events and Virtuals are my favorites.
c. Pick one favorite find? GC2AG4Q Once you see the page you’ll know why it’s my favorite.
5. How many caches have you hidden? I just recently had a 5 point Adventure Lab published and is my only hide to date
a. Hide count by type 5 Adventure Lab
b. Favorite hide type?
c. Pick one favorite cache that you’ve hidden?
6. Stats review -
a. How many state and country souvenirs? I have 5 states: NC, SC, TN, GA, VA and 1 country.
b. Jasmer challenge? As of this printing I am 208 of 253. Need to start working on some older ones.
c. Fizzy challenge? I am currently 47 of 81 in this challenge.
d. Calendar days? I am currently 332 of 366.
e. Streak? My longest streak was 31 days in August of 2013. Anyone remember that challenge? That one drove me crazy. Finding one on each day of the month of August in 2013.
f. Slump? My longest slump was from May 2, 2013 to July 2, 2013. I can’t remember what the cause for the slump was. I think it was due to work at the time and having a lot of other things going on at the time.
g. FTFs? I have 51 FTFs
h. Best caching week? Weekend? My best caching week was 25 in March of 2015 and my best weekend was 17 in May of 2015.
7. Do you trade SWAG? Any signature SWAG items? I’ll trade swag items when I can. Usually items I find from one cache to another. I also have a bag of swag coins I’ll put in if I remember to do so.
8. Like to move trackables? How many do you own? I move trackables when I can. I currently have about 220 active trackables. I have two that have gone MIA out in the wild and 1 was retired because it was on a vehicle that was totaled in a wreck.
9. Cache with GPS or Phone? I use my phone to get me to the general location of a cache and I use a Garmin Etrex for when I’m on the trails.
10. Do you have any geocaching goals? My current goals are to finish filling in all the counties for North and South Carolina.
11. Do you cache with anyone? If we can get our schedules together, I usually cache with my girlfriend (twashburn77) and my friend (MLedford74) and his wife (Sondancer).
12. Tell a memorable caching story: I remember I was out caching after work one morning (use to work 3rd shift) not long after I got hooked. I was coming out of the woods from GZ on a dead end road by a small local church. Just as I came out of the tree line I saw a car approaching mine. My first thought was that someone called the cops. Much to my relief it was actually another local cacher out making some finds as well. He asked about the cache and I gave him a thumbs up and a smile. I waited for him to make the find and we had a nice introduction and conversation.
13. Bucket list cache? As of right now it is just Mingo and HQ.
14. Besides geocaching, what else should we know about you? I am also a licensed amateur radio operator.
15. What do you want GoLI to work on? GoLI does a lot of great work and am grateful for the inclusion in the challenges whenever possible (being that I’m in The South)