GoLI Member Spotlight – August 2020
1. What does your cacher name mean? Our team name was never for Geocaching it is more of a passion for fishing with Chris.
2. When did you start caching and how did you find out about it? We started caching in June 0f 2010. Chris found out about Geocaching while fishing with Cousin and his friend, they took him to a cache that was in walking distance from there location.
3. Describe your first find. It was a film canister and frustrating we had spent the money on a GPS, and searched for about 30 minutes or more, at a local gross Duck Pond. Thought it may have been consumed by the disgusting water. But finally found it…
4. How many finds do you have?
a. Find count by type We have 4627 traditional, 850 unknown, 244 lab caches, 184 event, 130 multi, 91 letter box ( both hybrid and traditional) , 65 virtual, 26 earth, 18 CITO, 18 wherigo, 11 mega, 7 web cam, and 1 GIGA. Total found 6272
b. Favorite find type? Keep it traditional, easy is fun and hard makes it frustrating but have to find them also.
c. Pick one favorite find? So many to choose from but She’s Watching GC5DGMR.
5. How many caches have you hidden? We hidden 18 including events, 10 still active.
a. Hide count by type 9 traditional, 1 letter box hybrid, 8 events.
Favorite hide type? Lg traditional. So much fun when it’s a large cache.
b. Pick one favorite cache that you’ve hidden? There are 2 but have to pick ♻️ To 📦 Modern Out House GC8HZV7.
6. Stats review -
a. How many state and country souvenirs? We have cached in 21 Sates, and 2 providence in Canada.
b. Jasmer challenge? Missing a hand full of 2000 and maybe 2 – 2001 caches, 1 in 2002 total of 9
c. Fizzy challenge? Competed all but 1. Need 4.5D/5 T. Hope to complete by years end
d. Calendar days? We have complete 365 of 365 working on completing it for round 2 this year.
e. Streak? Our longest streak was 126 days in 2017. Hope to change soon.
f. Slump? This is rough 227 days, have you ever been bit by over 100 ticks in a single cache day? Jess has we seriously thought about quiting but took some time off.
g. FTFs? We are not sure but have a few memorable ones, never knew their was a correct logging fashion.
Best caching week? Weekend? Best Weekend is filled with caches and beverages…
7. Do you trade SWAG? Any signature SWAG items? We are not traders but have left swag behind.
8. Like to move trackables? How many do you own? We have many trackables some out there with 1000’s of miles if not more, we move if we can but tend to avoid as I have had a Geocoin in backpack for over a year, bad practices.
9. Cache with GPS or Phone? Prefer a reliable GPS, but use the Phone from time to time.
10. Do you have any geocaching goals? Only goal is to have fun while out in nature finding the hidden caches of another.
11. Do you cache with anyone? We have occasionally caches with a group ( Punchappy, Tman109er,Fatboysuede, Picklemule, Hunt4fish, the sisters to be short. Have also cache with MrMrsGOCacher, Hallycat, Unwimder1, any many other we may have forgotten.
12. Tell a memorable caching story Wow how about getting stopped by 3 different Cops in 1 night in the same parking lot… scary thank you Iggy317 for that spooky series.
13. Bucket list cache? Not exactly a cache but a list of, for now all 50 States.
14. Besides geocaching, what else should we know about you? We are out for a good adventure, like to fish, enjoy trying new food.
15. What do you want GoLI to work on? GoLI Have brought us so much fun in the past months, keep up the awesome work, caches, events. All will pay of in the end. Maybe our own maga event?